August is one of the hottest months of the year, and with it comes higher electric bills as we crank down the air to stay cool. UGH! To reduce the amount you spend, but still stay comfortably cool, use these helpful tips:
Affordable Ways to Keep Your Home Cool
- Keep blinds closed to lower the temperature inside the home.
- Blast fans to create a comfortable cross breeze.
- Leave the thermostat alone!
- Cook meals in the morning when temps are cooler.
- Replace your light bulbs with those that don't put off as much heat.